Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week 2 Outside of Class

This weekend the registration group talked about the number of signs that we would think we would need for the conference. Our rough estimate was between 15 and 20. About 10 small signs to post throughout the building of McComsey and then another 5-10 to post on the outside of the building to direct people inside.

I also did some brainstorming for app ideas. I came up with two ideas.

The first idea is for a Color Run app. The Color Run is a 5k run that raises awareness for homelessness. During this 5k, the runners go through 4 stations where volunteers throw colored cornstarch onto the runners.
I took part in a Color Run over the summer and absolutely fell in love. I had the time of my life. So this was my inspiration for my app. I thought The Color Run App could be an app where you can earn points by checking into Color Run races, purchasing apparel, taking a picture with the mascot, etc. There would by many ways that you could gain points. Then you could trade those points in for benefits or coupons. For example, you could trade them in for a pair of Color Run sunglasses. I was also thinking that there could be a weekly deal that people could take advantage of. Example: you can get $5 off of a race registration, or 15% apparel.

My second idea was for a Color Scanner. The app would utilize the camera feature on the phone and would scan the image that the camera was pointed towards. Then the app could tell you what color that object was. For example, I go to a friend's house and love the color they painted their walls, I could use the app to scan the wall and the app would tell me what color that paint is (or the closest it can find). This app would be similar to the Home Depot color scanner where you can take any object into Home Depot and they could scan it and create paint in the exact same color. The only difference would be that this is portable and enables everybody to use it. I feel like this would be a very useful app, especially for art majors, since they can scan a poster they like and find out exactly what colors were used.

No comments:

Post a Comment