Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week 6 Outside of Class

Outside of class I fixed small things in my matrices and persona. Here is my fixed persona.


I tracked out my body paragraphs by 10. I was told to change the blue color. So I changed it to a pink. I added two more category lists to balance out the top from the bottom.

Here are my updated matrices.



I tracked out the words by 10. I also made sure all of the app names were on the same side of the point. I made the points bigger and a different color so they were easier to see.

I also played around with a couple new ideas for app icons. 

I got the critique that in my one icon with the list, that the check marks get lost when the icon gets scaled down. So instead, I put one big check mark on the list so that it wouldn't get lost when scaled down.

Some people did not prefer the list to be on the bucket because it got so lost when scaled down. So I also played around with just the check mark on the bucket with no list. I personally like it without the list. I feel the list clutters the icon a bit too much.


I was also told to try and shorten the bucket and make it wider. I do like how this turned out. It does portray bucket just a tad more than the skinny one.


And again I put the list on the short bucket too. I am still leaning away from this one due to being scaled down.


I also played with the concept of the check mark in the bucket. People were saying that they didn't know it was a check mark on my last icon. So I pulled it farther out of the bucket.

This is the screenshot of my each of my apps on my phone from flinto.com.

I also switched the name of my app from Complete Your Bucket List to Ideal Bucket List. Complete Your Bucket List was too long and was hard to abbreviate under the app icon. So I felt that Ideal Bucket List was shorter and abbreviated well.

I put each of my icon possibilities into the Photoshop document also.

I am starting to lean towards this one. I'm not a big fan of the black lines on the bucket of the other ones but I'm not sure if I need the lines to portray my app.





I definitely do like the shorter fatter bucket more than the tall skinny one.

I also read Branching and Nodes, Flowchart, Reading Distances, Sequence Mapping, Site Map, and Wireframes in IIDC.
  • Branching and nodes is a very basic type of interactive structure often found in early game design and involves a basic type of choice between user and interface - each point of choice is called a node and the path between each is called a branch
  • Flowcharts represent a sequence of steps of a given operation, action, or process
    • Flowcharts show a basic view of information flow, where a data flow or usability diagram shows a higher level of system flow/complexity
  • Digital book expert Craig Mod breaks tablet reading distances into three main categories: bed, knee, and breakfast.
  • Sequence mapping serves as two functions, showing where a user is at in a step-by-step experience and how much progress still needs to be done
    • In most cases sequence mapping is a linear process
  • Site maps are diagrams that show the flow information and structure of how pages on a Web site are grouped and organized
  • Wireframes are essentially prototypes of Web sites, applications or digital device interfaces

I also sketched out my wireframes and site maps.





No comments:

Post a Comment